Cuyahoga Heights High School (CHHS) is once again among the top public high schools in Greater Cleveland according to U.S. News and World Report’s Best High Schools ranking released on August 29, 2023.
CHHS ranks No. 14 among 146 high schools in the area. Moreover, CHHS ranked No. 49 among 741 high schools in the State of Ohio, placing it in the top 10 percent of public high schools statewide. Nationally, CHHS ranked No. 3,952 among the approximately 17,680 public high schools across the nation that were ranked and the approximately 25,000 public high schools nationwide.
The ranking is based on five criteria totalling 100 percent with the weight of each criteria given a certain percentage These criteria include
- Proficiency on state-required tests (20 percent)
- Performance on state-required tests (20 percent)
- Performance of underserved students, such as minorities and those from low-income households (20 percent)
- How well students are prepared for college (30 percent)
- Graduation rate (10 percent).
According to the U.S News Rankings, about 44 percent of CHHS students took at least one AP exam and at least 24 percent passed at least one exam. Seventy-one percent of students were math proficient, and 97 percent were science proficient. The graduation rate, which is based on ninth-grade students graduating within four years, is 95 percent.